Fourth-year UC Irvine nursing student KC Hernandez.

Follow along fourth-year UC Irvine Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing student KC Hernandez as she takes you through a busy week of clinicals and studies, with some time for fun.

KC Hernandez

Hi! My name is KC Hernandez. I am a fourth-year nursing student at UC Irvine. I’m sharing a life in the week of a UCI nursing student!

A little bit about me: I was admitted to the UCI nursing program as a freshman in 2018. I have really enjoyed my time here.

Some of my current activities on campus include being one of two class reps for the 2022 BSN cohort, the secretary for Alpha Delta Tau — UCI’s professional nursing fraternity — and a research associate with the UCI Center on Stress & Health at CHOC Children’s.

This quarter was definitely one that I had been looking forward to throughout my time at UCI because I knew going into nursing school that I really wanted to be a pediatric nurse. During the first five weeks of the quarter, I completed my pediatric rotation in the CHOC neonatal intensive care unit (NICU), where I completely fell in love. I decided that was where I hoped to end up in the future.

For our eight-week obstetrics rotation, we rotated through four units at UCI Medical Center: antepartum, labor and delivery, postpartum and the NICU, which were all super fun as well!

By making this Tik Tok and sharing these photos, I hope you show the different involvements for nursing majors on campus, and hopefully inspire future students to apply to UCI’s nursing program! I hope you enjoy it!

Video and slideshow