A complete application includes and adheres to the following:
- A personal history statement (guidelines)
- A statement of purpose (guidelines)
- Three letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf (you must review these PhD guidelines & submission directions)
- Unofficial transcripts from all universities/institutions (guidelines)
- Two samples of scholarly work
– samples can be any combination of publications, thesis (or portion thereof), and/or major research papers
- A Curriculum Vitae
– include details about educational background, professional work, previous research, volunteer work, and other relevant information
- A signed Statistics Admissions Requirement Acknowledgement form (guidelines)
- An interview may be required for final selection of PhD students.
- Additional information is available from UCI Graduate Division
International applicants must submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
For more helpful information on applying to UCI as an international student, see the UCI Graduate Division International Admissions page.
UC Irvine Graduate Application Fee
Please note that if you are planning to apply for an Application Fee Waiver, you must submit your waiver request to UC Irvine’s Graduate Division at least 5 days in advance of our application deadline. The School of Nursing does not manage the application fee nor does it manage the application fee waiver process. Please refer to the UC Irvine Graduate Division website for more information: https://grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/fee-waivers.php