Integrative health is an approach to care that puts the patient at the center and addresses the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual and environmental influences that affect a person’s health. Employing a personalized strategy that considers the patient’s unique conditions, needs and circumstances, integrative health uses the most appropriate interventions from an array of scientific disciplines to heal illness and disease and help people regain and maintain optimum health and wellness. Students choosing this focus may work with UCI faculty (Nursing Science and others) on stress and coping, women’s health, complementary alternative medicine, obesity prevention and nutrition, to name a few specific areas.
- Michelle Fortier, PhD, associate professor
- Yuqing Guo, RN, PhD, FAAN, associate professor
- Jung-Ah Lee, PhD, RN, FGSA, FAAN, associate professor
- Adey Nyamathi, PhD, ANP, FAAN, distinguished professor, founding dean emirita
- Melissa Pinto, RN, PhD, FSAHM, FAAN, associate professor
- Amir Rahmani, PhD, associate professor