- A non-nursing baccalaureate from a regionally accredited institution
- must be completed by December 31st preceding the program start date
- transcript must have degree conferral date
- degree standards must be equivalent to that of the University of California (Please view our current UCI requirements for a Bachelor’s degree here)
- if you received your Bachelor’s degree in a country outside of the United States, we require that you provide professional transcript evaluations by an independent educational evaluating service from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services or the Association of International Credential Evaluators, Inc. Please see our FAQs for additional information.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher in your Bachelors degree
- Completion of all of the prerequisite courses listed below with a letter grade of C or higher. Note: Courses must be completed by December 31st preceding the program start date. AP test scores are not accepted.
- Sociology/Cultural Anthropology
- Anatomy with lab
- Physiology with lab
- Microbiology with lab
- A General Chemistry course OR a Chemistry course which includes a combination of inorganic (general), organic and biochemistry (must contain all 3)
NOTE: Applicants must submit a completed Prerequisite Checklist (additional instructions) in the Online Application for admission.
Applicants who take prerequisites at California Community Colleges may refer to the ASSIST system for approved and articulated courses. It is recommended that they use UC Irvine’s “Nursing Science, B.S.” major to find relevant courses.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review our MEPN Admissions FAQs page for more information and answers to the most common questions that we receive.
MEPN Application – Fall 2021
Please visit our website later this summer for additional information about our next application cycle.
You may also use our new application guide as a reference when you fill out your application to the MEPN program. Note this is a guide and point of reference only and does not guarantee admission to the program.
Admission into the UC Irvine School of Nursing is competitive and highly selective. The number of students in the program is small due to the limited availability of clinical placements.
Although some institutions are allowing Pass/Not Pass grading for certain courses in the Spring 2020 term, we are still requiring letter grades as a feature of our admissions requirements as reflected above. If your institution is mandating Pass/Not Pass for Spring 2020, or you have an extenuating circumstance, please make a note on your application prerequisite sheet and we may make an exception.
In addition, some schools may be moving lab courses that have traditionally been taught in-person to an online format during the Winter/Spring/Summer 2020 terms. In general, this is acceptable for our prerequisite requirements. If you have concerns about a course, please email email@example.com with specific course information (including institution, course title, course number, and units).