Impact of Covid-19 on California School Nurses Explored
In primary and secondary schools, the role of the school nurse includes responsibility for supporting student emotional, behavioral, physical, and social health well-being through activities and services such as direct care, program and policy development, education programs, health promotion and [...]
Summer Nursing Camp Dates Announced
Nursing Camp in Summer (NCIS) is back for 2023! The dates for 2023 NCIS have been announced. Check out the program at School of Nursing Summer Programs – School of Nursing Summer Programs (uci.edu). Scholarship opportunities are available.
Holman and Silver win Innovation Award
Roxane Cohen Silver, left, and Alison Holman. Photos by Steve Zylius By Mimi Ko Cruz Director of Communications, Social Ecology For their extensive research on collective trauma, Roxane Cohen Silver, vice provost for academic planning and institutional research [...]
You could be a match for UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing alumna KC Hernandez
Photo credit for her picture is David Flores KC Hernandez, 22 years old, graduated with her bachelor’s degree in nursing science from the UCI Sue and Bill Gross School of Nursing in 2022. Since her freshman year, [...]
Hispanic Heritage Month Spotlight: Ildaura Murillo-Rohde, PhD, RN, FAAN
Ildaura Murillo-Rohde, RN, PhD, FAAN Ildaura Murillo-Rohde’s vision was a path for Latino and Hispanic nurses to pursue their education as a way to serve their community and help themselves. She was the driving force in the [...]
Hispanic Heritage Month spotlight: Assistant Dean Chuck Villanueva
Assistant Dean Chuck Villanueva Chuck Villanueva, an alum of UCI, joined the UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing in 2020 as director of finance. Last month, he became its assistant dean. His career at UCI [...]
Deadline extended: Philosophical Writing Through Critical Reading Workshop
The Philosophical Writing Through Critical Reading Workshop is now accepting applications. The deadline has been extended to Nov. 15, 2022, due to acknowledged technical issues with the application portal. Nursing philosophy has been an [...]
Virtual panel: COVID-19: rising to new challenges
Join us for the UCI Research Associates fall event and learn the latest information related to COVID-19 from our expert panel, featuring: Alison Holman, FNP, PhD, FAAN, FABMR, professor, Sue & Bill Gross School of [...]
Advancing the Science of Compassionate Healthcare
WHY CHOOSE US?
At the Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing, we are dedicated to preparing the next generation of nurses. To us, that means providing a quality education built upon scholarly research and evidence based-practice as well as an environment that nurtures the desire to continually drive improvement. We are confident that our students will go forth and advance the science of nursing, lead innovative health care practice, and truly champion access to quality healthcare for all. Read More
The UCI Sue and Bill Gross School of Nursing has a rich, deep history. Its existence is the realization of a vision that began decades ago.
- 170 enrolled in the baccalaureate program
- 56 enrolled in graduate programs
- 100% pass rate on National NP Board Certified exams
- 93% NCLEX passing rate
- 8 to 1 student/faculty ratio in labs and clinical courses
- 573 alumni and counting!
- 40% underrepresented minorities
- 23 full-time faculty
- 100% have advanced degrees
- Over $13 million in total sponsored research project funding
- Faculty research projects contribute to the improvement of health and health care in areas such as oncology, HIV/AIDS, pediatrics, self-care, mental health, women’s health, clinical policy, and nursing education.
- Academic Practice Partnership with UCI Health
- Student practicum hours at world renown UCI Medical Center
- The only University of California school with a faculty nursing practice
- Faculty actively practicing in under-served areas and throughout the UCI Health and Student Health Centers