uc irvine school of nursing alum and family nurse practitioner student trang nguyenIt’s back-to-school month at UCI! Meet Anteater alum and future family nurse practitioner Trang Nguyen.

Why do you want to be a nurse practitioner?

Due to the nation’s growing physician shortage and critical need for more advanced practice nurses, I have developed an interest in becoming a nurse practitioner (NP).

I believe that nurse practitioners perform with the highest level of scientific knowledge and practice expertise to ensure optimal outcomes and patient safety.

Why did you choose the UCI School of Nursing?

As a UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing alumni, I have received tremendous support from the faculty and staff while I was in the undergraduate program and also post-graduation.

I always follow the news and updates on the school’s progress and its achievements. Recently, UCI has been named one of California’s best nursing schools by Nursing Schools Almanac, ranking 10th in the state, and the first and only one in the UC system to have the DNP-FNP track.

Due to the supportive faculty and prestige of UCI, I am very proud to come back to pursue my DNP.

What’s one fun fact about you?

I have solved the Rubik’s cube in 1 minute and 19 seconds.

For more information, to support a future nurse or nurse-led research, please connect to Juliana Goswick, Director of Development at jgoswick@hs.uci.edu or visit Giving.