uc irvine school of nursing student jullian carlisle vidamoIt’s back-to-school month at UCI! Meet future nurse Jullian Carlisle Vidamo, class of 2025.

Why do you want to be a nurse?

I knew early in middle school that I wanted to be in the medical field and hospital setting. When I learned the responsibilities that nurses have and the variety of work available, I realized it was a valuable position to pursue.

After my grandmother was affected during the recent pandemic, I was more certain than ever about becoming just like those that helped and cared for her.

Why did you choose the UCI School of Nursing?

I chose UCI Nursing because I knew it would challenge me academically but would be a rewarding program overall. There are vast opportunities on campus for me to expand my knowledge and research more about the field in general. UCI is a place that I am comfortable at because of its focus on diversity and student success.

What’s one fun fact about you?

A fun fact about me is that I enjoy singing and helped make an entire album of parody songs based on my friend this past year.

For more information, to support a future nurse or nurse-led research, please connect to Juliana Goswick, Director of Development at jgoswick@hs.uci.edu or visit Giving.