uc irvine school of nursing student christina palmer class of 2024It’s back-to-school month at UCI! Meet alum and future family nurse practitioner Christina Palmer, class of 2024.

Why do you want to be a family nurse practitioner?

I want to redesign how we avail care to our community and bring primary care services to the individual via in-home visits, telehealth, and the implementation of remote monitoring systems.

My goal is to empower individuals to make healthier mindful choices, age in place safely and avoid unnecessary rehospitalizations.

Why did you choose the UCI School of Nursing?

I want to become the best possible nurse practitioner, therefore I wanted to be trained by the best experts I could find. UCI attracted me because it is a world renowned research based university with respected experts in my field that can teach me, guide me, encourage me, and correct me through my learning process.

I appreciate the interdisciplinary teaching style that is indispensable to nursing’s collaborative nature. UCI embraces creativity and innovation which helps fuel forward advancement.

What’s one fun fact about you?

I thought I wanted to be a horse racing jockey when I was little! (I still love horses, but glad I love nursing and caring for others even more.)

For more information, to support a future nurse or nurse-led research, please connect to Juliana Goswick, Director of Development at jgoswick@hs.uci.edu or visit Giving.