The DNP Scholarly Project Overview
The DNP Scholarly Project is the required culminating deliverable in a DNP program whereby the student scholar demonstrates mastery of the scholarship of practice and bridges the gap between new science and the integration into clinical practice.
The clinical scholar questions existing models and methods of care delivery within systems, agencies, or communities, and engages in the development of innovative healthcare delivery models, translates, and disseminates evidence-based outcomes, evaluates systems of care using best practices, develops and refines new protocols for care and implements policy changes to achieve improved care and outcomes (AACN, 2015a).
DNP students will create a DNP project that:
• Reflects a translation of evidence into practice
• Focuses on health, practice, or policy outcomes
• Reflects a systems or population focus
• Demonstrates implementation of the change in the appropriate area of practice
• Includes a plan for sustainability and an evaluation of processes and/or outcomes.
At UCI, DNP students will focus on these broad areas for their individual projects:
• Quality improvement project implementation
• Health care policy project implementation
• Evidence-based practice project implementation
View previous projects