Stephanie Au

Stephanie Au joined the faculty at UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing in July 2018. Before coming to UCI, Professor Au was a faculty member at UCLA and taught in the nursing BSN and MSN Pre-licensure program at UCLA. Professor Au is a FNP who has worked in pediatric ICU, and has experience in many specialties including plastic surgery, cardio thoracic surgery and family medicine.

Professor Au chose UC Irvine over other opportunities in part because the school is young, and the thought of contributing to the development of a nursing program was very exciting. “I have so many ideas and projects that I would love to incorporate in the educational field of nursing,” says Au. “UCI offered me with the most amazing opportunity to blend my passion for teaching and my desire to be an innovative educator.”

Another reason Au loves it at UC Irvine is the culture among the faculty. “So far I have loved working with the UCI School of Nursing. It is such a family-like environment. Everyone works together to try and make the most amazing experiences for our students,” she says. “I think what makes us unique is that we all feel we have voice and that each voice is valued. So, we all benefit from each other’s strengths.” Professor Au is passionate about helping students to find their place in the nursing world. She says, “I love it when a student finds their passion, and I live for those “Aha!” moments when the light bulb goes off and everything makes sense!”

When she is not teaching or practicing nursing, Professor Au loves to travel and experience great food. She is also an avid animal rights activist, working closely with local animal rescues and outreach programs to make a difference in animal cruelty laws. Professor Au also fosters animals, and her nursing experience comes in handy for that: “At one time, I was fostering a Queen, which is a mommy cat, who had 7 babies that I had to bottle feed every 2 two hours for 2 weeks!”

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Recent Posts

Archives

Categories