Candace Burton

Candace Burton, PhD, RN, AFN-BC, AGN-BC, FNAP
Assistant Professor

UC Irvine Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing faculty member Dr. Candace Burton has received a UCI ADVANCE Career Development Award to participate in the Faculty Success Program, the signature program of the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity.

“Dr. Burton was selected for this award because of her tireless efforts to establish community collaborations since arriving at UC Irvine,” says SON Dean Adey Nyamathi. “Dr. Burton is a passionate and engaged scholar, and she is well-respected by her collaborators throughout the community. Sending our UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing Faculty to the Faculty Success Program is invaluable, as it prepares our faculty for cutting edge strategies in surviving academia, promoting a work-life balance, and ramps up scholarly productivity.”

While the Faculty Success Program is primarily focused on individual success, the entire School of Nursing will benefit from Dr. Burton’s experience. “This is an important opportunity for me,” says Dr. Burton. “I hope to learn to optimize my working style and career path, but I also hope to develop my leadership and mentoring skills. I look forward to using what I learn at the Faculty Success Program to support diversity among the faculty and student cohorts within the School of Nursing.”

Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!

Recent Posts

Archives

Categories