Deadline extended: Philosophical Writing Through Critical Reading Workshop
The Philosophical Writing Through Critical Reading Workshop is now accepting applications. The deadline has been extended to Nov. 15, 2022, due to acknowledged technical issues with the application portal. Nursing philosophy has been an important part of nursing scholarship [...]
Hispanic nurses: of, in and for la communidad
Ildaura Murillo-Rohde, an icon for Hispanic nurses in the U.S., recognized that patients and families benefit from being cared for by nurses who come from their communities. There’s no replacement for being of, in, and for la communidad. Read [...]
Report: UCI nursing’s bachelor program is one of nation’s best
The bachelor of science in nursing science program at the UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing is one of the best in the country, ranking 39th by U.S. News & World Report. The program prepares aspiring nurses [...]
Asking the right questions for better pain management
“Pain really is a complex phenomenon,” reflects Associate Professor Michelle Fortier. “It’s multi-dimensional. There are so many pieces to it. I could spend thirty careers on pain: there is so much to do here.” Fortier is a clinical psychologist [...]
The role of nurses in addressing health disparities
By Miriam Bender Associate Professor, UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing Healthcare should be equally accessible to all, regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, and other factors. Unfortunately, statistics show that minority groups are more likely to [...]
‘It feels different having my DNP’
UCSF Chief Nursing Executive Pat Patton graduated in June 2021 with a doctor of nursing practice (DNP) degree. Since graduating from the UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing Doctor of Nursing Practice — Post-Master’s Program [...]
Nursing Camp in Summer at UC Irvine (NCIS:UCI) 2021 canceled
After careful thought and deliberation, UCI School of Nursing has made the difficult decision to cancel all NCIS: UCI events for the summer of 2021. We understand that this is a great disappointment for many [...]
Advancing the Science of Compassionate Healthcare
WHY CHOOSE US?
At the Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing, we are dedicated to preparing the next generation of nurses. To us, that means providing a quality education built upon scholarly research and evidence based-practice as well as an environment that nurtures the desire to continually drive improvement. We are confident that our students will go forth and advance the science of nursing, lead innovative health care practice, and truly champion access to quality healthcare for all. Read More
The UCI Sue and Bill Gross School of Nursing has a rich, deep history. Its existence is the realization of a vision that began decades ago.
- 170 enrolled in the baccalaureate program
- 56 enrolled in graduate programs
- 100% pass rate on National NP Board Certified exams
- 93% NCLEX passing rate
- 8 to 1 student/faculty ratio in labs and clinical courses
- 573 alumni and counting!
- 40% underrepresented minorities
- 23 full-time faculty
- 100% have advanced degrees
- Over $13 million in total sponsored research project funding
- Faculty research projects contribute to the improvement of health and health care in areas such as oncology, HIV/AIDS, pediatrics, self-care, mental health, women’s health, clinical policy, and nursing education.
- Academic Practice Partnership with UCI Health
- Student practicum hours at world renown UCI Medical Center
- The only University of California school with a faculty nursing practice
- Faculty actively practicing in under-served areas and throughout the UCI Health and Student Health Centers