The Center for Nursing Philosophy Fellowship program supports promising nursing PhD students or interested nursing faculty to pursue targeted scholarship in nursing philosophy. The PhD Nursing Fellowship comes with a small stipend to be used at the fellow’s discretion for support during the fellowship period. The fellowship is a 1-quarter (10 week) commitment for intensive mentored scholarship in the Center for Nursing Philosophy (either virtually or in person depending on context), followed by 2 additional 10-week quarters of virtual mentorship to support scholarship completion. The expectation is that the end of the Fellowship corresponds with submission of the completed scholarship as a manuscript for publication in a peer-reviewed journal.
The CNP 2023-2024 Nursing Fellowship application period is now open.
Eligibility for the fellowship includes:
- Be a nursing PhD student or new nursing faculty (within 5 years of starting position). There is no geographic restriction.
- Demonstrated record of academic excellence and showing great promise as a future nursing philosophy scholar
Application requirements include:
- A letter of intent describing how you meet eligibility requirements and why you are applying to become a CNP Fellow
- Submission of a scholarship proposal with the potential to advance the field of nursing philosophy and in line with the Center for Nursing Philosophy’s stated mission. Proposal should (a) describe the topic of interest, (b) articulate current gaps in knowledge or problematic issues within the topic of interest, (c) your idea for addressing the gap or issue, including a brief and general description of your methods or approach, and (d) a brief and general statement as to how your scholarship may fill gaps or advance understandings or introduce new understandings related to the area of interest
- A current CV
- A statement from applicant’s institution (preferably from applicant’s department Chair, Director of Graduate Studies, or Dean) attesting ability of the applicant to fulfill fellowship expectations in line with any/all applicant institution policies
Selection criteria include:
- Feasibility of proposal to be completed within the proposed time frame (up to a total of three 10-week quarters or one academic calendar year)
- Novelty and/or rigor of the proposal in addressing philosophical topics of interest in nursing and/or advancing nursing philosophy in general
- Application deadline is June 30, 2023
- Internal review of all applications done by CNP task force chaired by the Director of the Center for Nursing Philosophy
- Fellow notification by July 15, 2023
For more information please contact Miriam Bender firstname.lastname@example.org
TO APPLY FOR THE FELLOWSHIP PLEASE CLICK HERE