uc irvine school of nursing giving day ambassador and dnp fnp student marcela dos santos

UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing DNP-FNP student Marcela Dos Santos is a 2022 Giving Day Ambassador.

UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing Doctor of Nursing Practice – Family Nurse Practitioner (DNP-FNP) student Marcela Dos Santos, a 2022 Giving Day Ambassador, talks about what the support of our community has meant to her as she pursues her terminal degree.

“As a recipient of the first DNP Endowment Fund from the UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing, it meant the world to me to know that my story and vision for pursuing my DNP/FNP was heard and that I have the community support of donors cheering me on.

Deciding to pursue higher education comes with its financial burdens, therefore I am extremely grateful for the scholarship funds available that can alleviate some of that stress.

I hope to one day be able to contribute back financially and help future generations pursue their dreams. As well as letting them know they are not alone in their journey.”