uc irvine school of nursing student heidy delgado

It’s back-to-school month at UCI! Meet incoming Anteater and future nurse Heidy Delgado, class of 2023.

Why do you want to be a masters-prepared nurse?

I want to purse a MSN degree because I would ultimately like to work as a nurse at my current ER where I’ve been a medical scribe for three years.

This busy trauma center in downtown Los Angeles cares for underserved populations that depend on their providers to not only treat and care, but also educate them about their health. I hope to successfully complete the UCI Masters Entry Program in Nursing (MEPN) and be able to apply all my skills and knowledge to my future profession in hopes of being the best advocate for my future patients.

Why did you choose UCI School of Nursing?

I will be attending the UCI School of Nursing MEPN program because their concentration is community and population health, which I believe aligns with my goals perfectly. The program’s rigorous and challenging curriculum is what I crave due to the intense and fast-paced nature of the nursing profession, especially in trauma/emergency which is where I plan to work. I believe UCI’s nursing program will provide me with all the necessary tools, resources, mentorships, etc. to be a successful student and eventual nurse.

What’s one fun fact about you?

I play Pokemon-Go obsessively and plan to take over every gym at the UCI campus hehe #TeamValor :]