Creating Excellence – A Forum with the Chancellor’s Inclusive Excellence Awardees
April 22 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
Please join The UCI Office of Inclusive Excellence for virtual recognition and engaging presentations from a group of Chancellor’s Inclusive Excellence Awardees, including nursing Assistant Professor Dawn Bounds.
This forum honors scholarship of these distinguished faculty members and showcases some of their current work at UCI through brief TED-talk style presentations.
- Convening – Vice Chancellor Douglas Haynes, Office of Inclusive Excellence
- Welcome – Chancellor Howard Gillman
- “Lawyers Trained for Inclusive Excellence Provide Access”
Cindy Archer, Professor of Lawyering Skills, School of Law
- “De’CYFER’ing Adversity by Creating Ripples: The Development of GRIT with the Next Gen of Health Care Providers”
Dawn Bounds, Assistant Professor of Nursing, Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing
- “A Recipe for Raising Bien Educado Kids”
Gustavo Carlo, Professor of Education, School of Education
- “Creating Inclusive Digital Futures for Aging and Disability”
Anne Marie Piper, Associate Professor of Informatics, Donald Bren School of Information and Computer Sciences
- “Opportunity Starts Here!”
Julie Washington, Professor of Education
School of Education
The event link is automatically routed to the email address provided upon submission.
For questions, please email the Office of Inclusive Excellence at firstname.lastname@example.org.