Join us for a live-streaming virtual panel event co-sponsored by Nursology and the UCI Sue & Bill Gross School of Nursing Center for Nursing Philosophy: “Decolonizing nursing: What? Why? How?”
Postcolonial inquiry focuses on how cultures of dominant groups dictate social structures, including healthcare and care delivery. The expert panel will share their scholarship on and experience with addressing unjust social structures and their impact on patients, populations, and health processes and outcomes.
- Lisa Bourque Bearskin, RN, PhD, Thompson Rivers University (BC)
- Lucinda Canty, RN, PhD, University of St. Joseph (CT)
- Barbara Hatcher, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN, Hatcher-DuBois-Odrick Group, LLC
- Lucy Mkandawire-Valhmu, PhD, RN, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Daniel Suárez-Baquero, PhD, MSN, BSN, University of California San Francisco
- Bukola Salami, RN, MN, PhD, University of Alberta
- Jennifer Woo, PhD, CNM, WHNP, FACNM, Texas Woman’s University
The panel will be moderated by Miriam Bender, PhD, RN, director of the Center for Nursing Philosophy. There will be a Q&A period after the panel. Participants are invited to submit questions with their registration or at the event.
Date and time
Date: Sept. 23, 2021
Time: 6-7:30 pm Eastern; 3-4:30 p.m. Pacific
Registration is required. You will receive a confirmation email after registration with information about joining the event. Register now ›