Current Master of Science Students

Nurse Pracititioner Certification and Furnishing Documents »

All nurse practitioners in California must obtain a NP certification from the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) before practicing in an advanced role.

If you are a current or former UC Irvine student seeking BRN certification and BRN furnishing licenses, please review the following PDF links regarding documentation paperwork.

Nurse Practitioner Certification Application

Nurse Practitioner Furnishing Number Application

The two national organizations listed below offer board certification for adult-gerontological primary care and family nurse practitioners. Both organizations require passage of an initial national certification examination and continuing competency renewals. National board certification is required for all nurse practitioners who bill for patient care services. It is only necessary that you be certified by one agency; NPs with either certification are recognized locally, nationally and internationally.

American Nurses Credentialing Center

American Academy of Nurse Practitioners

Current or former UC Irvine students with questions about these nurse practitioner documents should contact the Nursing Science Student Affairs office at or 949-824-1514.

Student Resources for all MS students »